September 9, 2016
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to a new school year at Taylor Elementary School! I hope you and your family had a fun and relaxing summer vacation. This summer has been action-packed for me. I am excited to share that my husband and I are expecting our first child in mid-October. I plan on returning to work on January 30, 2017. Until then, Anne Mueller will be the substitute school adjustment counselor. She brings years of experience supporting children and families and a calm personality that I know will be a great match with all the Taylor School students.
This year, I will continue to facilitate Guidance Lessons in all classrooms. Our Guidance Lesson curriculum focuses on teaching The Six Core Strengths (developed by Bruce Perry, MD, PhD) through the use of stories and activities. The Six Core Strengths are:
• Attachment – developing positive relationships with peers and as a student
• Self-Regulation – understanding emotions, thinking before acting
• Affiliation - being part of a group and larger community
• Awareness – thinking of others
• Tolerance – accepting differences
• Respect – appreciating the value of ourselves and others
Please be on the lookout for Guidance Lesson Activities throughout the school
It is my hope that this school year will be full of successful experiences for all students. I look forward to working with your family! Please contact me, or Anne, with any questions or concerns.
Adria Lazur, LMHC, SAC
Counselor – Taylor Elementary School
(508) 543-1607 firstname.lastname@example.org